Political Keeda

Trump admitted to military hospital after Covid-19 diagnosis

US President Donald Trump has been admitted to the country’s chief military hospital in Washington from where he will be working for the few days, limiting his campaigning in the month before the presidential election.

Trump admitted to military hospital after Covid-19 diagnosis
  • President Trump stays in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day.
  • Trump’s wife, Melania, who also tested positive for the Covid is staying on at the White House.

President Donald Trump will spend a few days at a military hospital in the wake of contracting Covid-19, the White House said.

The authority said the visit was precautionary and that President Trump would work from the hospital’s presidential suite, which is prepared to permit him to proceed with his official duties.

“I think I’m doing quite well, however we will make sure that things work out,” Trump said in a short video message posted on Twitter. On Friday, he had tweeted that he and the first lady, Melania Trump, had contracted the virus.

Prior on Friday, the White House said President Trump had been injected with an experimental antibody cocktail by the White House doctor.

Only a month prior to the election, President Trump’s disclosure that he was positive for the infection came by tweet at about 1am after he had returned from an evening political fundraiser.

First lady Melania Trump also tested positive, the president stated, and a few others in the White House have, as well, prompting concern that the White House or even President Trump himself may have spread the virus further.

The first lady, who is 50, has a “mild cough and headache,” Dr Conley revealed, and the rest of the first family, including the Trump’s son Barron, who lives at the White House, tested negative.

Both Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris have tested negative, their campaign said.

Vice President Mike Pence tested negative for the infection on Friday morning and “remains in good health,” his spokesperson said.

Share this story