Know this easy recipe of Kolkata Special Biryani .
Kolkata is very popular for its biryani. Read this Article to know how to prepare it .
If we make the list of India's most popular foods, Biryani will definitely be one of the top contenders. In a list released by a popular food delivery app, Biryani was the most ordered item in the year.
Kolkata Biryani is not very spicy, but has a delicious, mildly hot taste. It also includes potatoes and boiled eggs, something that you will not find in any biryani across the country.
Follow this recipe to know how to prepare this amazingly delicious Biryani !
Desi Ghee 150 gms
Cumin 2 grams
Basmati rice 400 grams
Cinnamon sugar 2 grams
Green cardamom 1 gram
Clove 1 gram
Bay leaf 1
Onion 400 gms
Ginger 20 grams
Green chili 20 grams
Coriander Fresh 20 Gms
Potatoes 200 grams
Curd 200 grams
Chicken 400 grams
Chicken 200 ml
Garam masala 2 grams
Red Chili 1 gm
Turmeric powder 1 gram
Salt to taste
1. Soak rice in fresh water for about 20 minutes.
2. Take a thick bottom pan and add ghee, cumin and whole spices.
3. Saute it for a few minutes until it turns golden in color.
4. Add chopped onion, chicken and cook until it is half cooked, add beaten yogurt to this preparation.
5. Add ginger, green chillies, stock and then soaked rice and dried potatoes.
6. Add Bengali garam masala, Divi chilli and salt as per taste and cover it for about 5-8 minutes.
7. Once cooked well, add fresh coriander and serve hot with raita.
Do Try this and let us know how did you like it ?